New York, NY
Estimated Best In Industry
Posted on: 11/27/2023
- Achieve test development milestones set by Test Lead for assigned set of functionalities.
- If the application is still in the design phase, work closely with the business analysts to document testable user requirements.
- Attend walkthroughs with functional and technical SMEs to better understand the functional and technical requirements and designs.
- Develop functional and non-functional test outlines and detailed test cases per the Test Lead's test plan.
- Determine the appropriate data and system set-up requirements for test execution.
- Design & Develop complex API test scripts, VB Scripts and back-end complex SQL queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on the mainframe side and Oracle on the Web-side);
- Identify job flows for mainframe and/or Unix batch/reporting jobs based on technical designs.
- Perform data and system set-up for test execution.
- Execute functional and non-functional test cases using UFT and other API testing tools per the Team Lead's test plan and retest as appropriate.
- Work with technical staff to execute and troubleshoot job flows for functional and non-functional testing of batch/reporting jobs.
- Update test development and execution progress into Quality Center test management tool
- Document and report on test results.
- Document and report software defects using Quality Center and IBM Rational ClearQuest
- Working knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodologies and practices.
- Hands-on experience in Web services (SoapUI, Postman or Restful) automation.
- Knowledge and experience in testing Web services designed to function in a Service Oriented
- Architecture (SOA) environment is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Java, C++, VB scripting, java scripting and HTML preferable
- Troubleshooting the issues in Web services testing with SoapUI logs or any traffic monitoring tools.
- Strong expertise in the functional and nonfunctional testing of APIs and web services using both SOAP and REST protocols.
- Knowledge about the techniques, approaches, and intricacies of cloud testing using a server less architecture.
- Hands-on experience performing web services integrations system testing (including integrations of two systems) for accounting and budgeting functions (e.g., financial management ERP functionality).
- Proficiency running & developing complex back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on MF and Oracle on the Web-side).
- Proficiency running batch/jobs (MF using JCL and for UNIX using UNIX scripts).
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to plan and manage time based on schedules.
- Problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime or weekends to meet target dates.