Location: Brooklyn, NY (Hybrid)
Duration: 12 Months
Experience: 12+ years
The selected consultant will be required to report to the office at least 3 days per week, as deemed necessary by the agency.
- The successful candidate will serve as a SD-WAN Network Engineer, reporting to the infrastructure division.
- This position is to support the operation of on-going security infrastructure requirements including configuration, evolution, and upgrades.
- The SD-WAN Network Engineer will also be responsible for leading projects and initiatives and making significant contribution to the technical design and upgrade of OTI’s SD-WAN system.
- This role offers the opportunity to work across teams and contribute to wireless technologies various security offering while leading the charge for wireless solution across client; and involves critical thinking and problem solving in concert with the utilization of industry standard best practices.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Manage and operate City’s SD-WAN network.
- Implement protocols such as: EIGRP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP SSH, TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, SIEM, TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches, OSPF, VPC, 802.1Q, ether-channel, STP, RSTP, VTP, QoS, ACLs, VxLAN, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTP and other common protocols.
- Implement security products firewalls, IPsec, IDS/IPS, Anti-Spam, virus scanning, RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, FIREWALL, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES.
- Day to day tasks will include Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Intrusion Detection, Anti-Virus, change management, trouble resolution management.
- Tasks may include network management, monitoring and troubleshooting tools (sniffer, syslog, NetFlow, TCPDUMP, Wireshark).
- Day to Day configuration, management, and operations of Fortinet firewalls, F5 and AVI load balancers, SD-WAN architectures, and WAN automation technologies.
- Successful candidate will use Cisco Command line interface.
- Successful Candidate will use Windows, OSX, Linux
- Successful candidate will support network engineering team and ensure efficient network operations.
- Successful candidate will be assisting OTI in its mission. In certain instances, consultant may be asked to assist OTI in troubleshooting beyond the normal work hours.
- Successful consultants expected to document networks, network systems, MOPs and other documents that can be used as operational materials.
- Successful candidate will conduct network and security assessments to troubleshoot and optimize network performance and design. Support and lead efforts of the design, testing, evaluation and implementation of new architectures and technologies.
- At least 12 years of experience in an IT network engineering or architect role
- Must demonstrate strong understanding of Fortinet Firewalls Architecture with hands on experience.
- Must have strong experience with Complex Routing & Switching Environments
- Must possess strong experience with Virtualization Technologies
- Ability to work independently is critical.
- Experience in implementing network patches.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Position is client facing. Strong Customer Support and interpersonal skills are required.
DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: N/A
- DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: N/A
- Cisco WLAN and ISE specific experience desired
- Understanding of remote access technologies including Citrix, IPSec VPN
- Working knowledge of ITL processes, specifically Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management
- Active CCNP certification preferred (Security/Route/Switch)
Thanks & Regards
Right Talents LLC
M: 973 542 2709