Note: Remote, however the position is expected to be located in NYS 5% Travel required for this position
Contractor must have PC, cell phone, and reliable high-speed internet available for assignment while remote, but client will provide a workstation when onsite
- Strong project management skills to be able to oversee many projects at the same time.
- Ability to competently and confidently interact with outside stakeholders, including fleets, school districts and school bus operators, consultants, charging station hosts, and utilities.
- Ability to learn systems quickly.
- Ability to stay organized and follow/set processes for managing many projects is essential.
- Experience with utility engagement, vehicle fleet operations, and/or school district operations would be helpful but is not required
- Basic understanding of clean transportation, electric vehicles, and electric vehicle charging is strongly preferred.
- Salesforce, NEIS, MS Office
Technical & Professional Skills & Knowledge
- Has well developed understanding of relevant technical principles and their application to a program area.
- Develops/formulates Deployment issues, problems and needs in at least one technical area.
- Has acknowledged expertise at conceptual level of technical skills and knowledge in at least one program area.
- Has basic understanding of State energy/environmental economic development issues
- Bachelors degree required. Background in civil or electrical engineering and/or transportation planning is not required but strongly preferred.