Estimated best in market
Posted on: 03/21/2023
- Perform analysis and design of the network using primarily but not limited to Cisco technologies to ensure minimum impact to services during network refresh activities.
- Complete router/switch Cisco configuration templates for newly deployed or legacy devices.
- Create and review method-of-procedure for the change to be executed during the pre-approved change window, including End to End Test Plan to ensure connectivity, routing, and automatic failover working as designed.
- Perform SNMP, syslog, NTP and NetFlow testing.
- Coordinate after hours changes with various agencies, create change tickets, pursue approvals, and respond to any questions that may be raised by any of the OTI teams
- Research and resolve network problems related to the implementation, open TAC cases as needed and identify root causes
- Document Network in compliance with OTI standards.
- As part of any decommissioning activity: remove legacy configurations, remove unused IP subnets, ports from documentation, and update network diagrams, following OTI guidelines
- Attend meetings, follow up on assigned tasks and complete any additional tasks assigned by the manager of the group, in the area(s) of and networking, configuration, VoIP or QoS.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of networking
- Must have hands-on experience with BGP, MPLS, OSPF routing protocols in a large environment
- Minimum 8 years’ experience of Cisco network installations in multiple ring configurations interconnected over dark fiber.
- Experience in deploying Cisco Catalyst / Nexus Switches and NCS routers, with complete understanding of the limitations of line cards, power supplies and feature-sets. 6 yrs.
- Experience in MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, iBGP, eBGP, IS-IS routing protocols
- Configuring CORE/PE and CPE routers/switches in a mid to large size organization or carriers. 4 yrs.
- Detailed understanding of designing and implementing overall enterprise QoS solution, including
- queuing for Catalyst, Nexus and NCS products. 2 yrs.
- Detailed understanding of deploying management protocols (SNMPv3, Syslog, Netflow, etc.) 4 yrs.
- Understanding of optical technology theories and testing including but not limited to fiber types,
- fiber terminations, attenuation, power transmission, bandwidth, budget, and loss.
- Valid/current CCNP certificate. REQUIRED
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams, excellent attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and strong customer and quality-focus.
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Experience working with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience reviewing project design and system documents 4 yrs.
- Experience is designing including network architectural designs in MS Visio is desired
- Familiarity with City of New York network infrastructure environments and processes