Brooklyn, NY (Onsite)
Works on providing engineering support for integrations happening in schools, including the review of proposed work plan submissions throughout the network infrastructure deployment process to ensure that the work aligns to pre-determined work scopes and is consistent with Client network standards.
• Validates the work completed by integration is completed in a proper manner, the documentation is correct and that the service is complete.
• Works with the (NOC Inventory Collection Engine) database to submit and compare Network Design Plans with integrator to confirm completion of work.
• Utilizes diagnostic methodologies to determine the cause of network malfunctions and provides remote access support to resolve network-related problems that result from deployment activities.
• Works with integrator on integration refresh of school infrastructure project that entails reviewing and approving work plan submissions by the integrator for the installation of hardware, software.
• Utilizes familiarity with Client network standards for hardware and network connectivity.
• Provides real-time support to integrators when installing equipment in school, and performs troubleshooting services on wireless and network environment, equipment in schools.
• Assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good, automated tools (Client Configuration Developer, Enterprise Management System metrics, NICE); validating processes; providing documentation
- Minimum of 7 years of experience supporting day to day network operations that include routing, switching, firewalls, wireless, and network technology.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with network configuration and network equipment (routing, switching, firewall, and Wireless devices.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing detailed network configuration and network status reports
- Minimum of 2 years of experience preparing network diagrams, floor plans, and schematics using Visio where required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of level I, II, and III network support with Wired and Wireless LAN.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with hands-on configuration of Cisco Switches 6xxx, 5xxx, 4xxx, 29xx, 19xx, Cisco Routers 2951, 4XXXX, Cisco firewalls 5555, 5516, wireless controllers and access points.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working with large LAN/WAN infrastructure and all LAN and WAN networking technologies, knowledge of communication protocols and Cisco communication equipment Cisco Networking Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in computer science/ telecommunications from an accredited college
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate in a credible and confident manner at all levels in the organization especially on technical.
- issues to a non-technical audience.
Detailed and process oriented.