Estimated Best In Industry
Posted on: 11/16/2023
- Architect technology solutions/systems that meet or exceed Agency business requirements aligning with NYS ITS Technical and Security Service standards and strategies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Network gear deployed in support of DOT Traffic Signals and Traffic Management Centers (TMCs) including performance tuning, log analysis and security.
- Work with COTS Vendors and Agency business areas for gear installation, configuration, and testing. This includes pre-configuring field devices for installation by Agency business users.
- Review the network architecture and gear currently in place and provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements working with ITS and Agency business teams to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Provide L3 Technical support for an enterprise-level DOT Traffic Safety Management Organization and Intelligent Transportation System.
- Use Agency business applications to update inventory details on field network equipment
- Train field technicians on aspects of remote connectivity at a level necessary to assist field technicians effectively and remotely in installation and maintenance field systems
- Adherence to ITS security and technology policies
- Some off-hours work will be required
- Remotely guide field technicians (business users) through installation and maintenance of field equipment
- 84 months configuring and troubleshooting LAN Networking equipment in a complex networking environment of at least 1,000 remote endpoints that includes switches, routers/firewalls and VPN devices. This includes troubleshooting issues using protocol analysis tools (i.e. Wireshark) and conducting in-depth analysis on network data captures.
- 84 months Analytical and Technical knowledge of DMVPN, IPSec, OSPF/BGP is required.
- 84 months supporting and troubleshooting 4G/5G modem technologies. Multi-vendor experience is preferred.
- 84 months experience with Cisco hardware and Cisco IOS software in a complex TCP/IP environment including routing, port forwarding/NAT, VPN management.
- 60 months experience supporting and configuring wireless network equipment from vendors such as Cisco, Ubiquiti, Aruba.
- 60 months experience working with business users to understand their business requirements and implement technical solutions to meet those requirements.
- 48 months experience configuring and managing network equipment using centralized management consoles (i.e. Cisco IoT Dashboard, Cisco Meraki, etc.). This includes keeping firmware up to date and standardizing device configuration.