Brooklyn, NY (Onsite)
Position – Network Architect to work with Internet and Data Center Technologies team to evaluate current data center infrastructure and develop architectures to replace legacy infrastructure and expand the network capacity. In addition, the selected candidate will help deploy the new infrastructure and migrate the connectivity. Plan and coordinate network migration activities with various stakeholders. The Network Architect will be responsible for:
- Asses the current data center networks supported by the DOE/DIIT
- Designing and architecting enterprise data center network solutions
- Designing and architecting load balancing solutions
- Designing and implementing enterprise solutions involving NGFW technologies
- Manage migration events to support the decommissioning of legacy equipment
- Coordinate post-deployment escalations and collaborate with the DIIT teams to ensure timely resolution
- The successful candidate must have minimally achieved the following level of experience:
- 12+years’ experience planning, designing, configuring and implementing enterprise networks (Wide Area and Data Center) using technology products such as such Cisco ASR, Cisco 9k/7k/5k, Cisco ACI, and VMware NSX.
- In-depth knowledge of IP networking and web protocols (IPV4, IPV6, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EGRP).
- 12+years’ experience in planning, designing, configuring, and implementing Next-Generation firewalls, web and content filtering solutions using technology products such as FortiGate, Zscaler, Cisco FirePower, or Cisco Meraki
- 12+years’ experience collaborating with network architects and engineers supporting &support engineers to create enterprise networks and address support issues such as routing protocols, data center performance, high availability, and scalability
- Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s degree in computer science from an accredited college.
- Candidate possesses an active CCIE certification.
- Candidate possesses active CCNP or CCDP certifications.
- Prior education industry/project experience.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills; ability to communicate in a credible and confident manner at all levels in the organization in clear, concise language.
- Experience in multiple hardware and software environments; comfortable with complex heterogeneous systems environments.
- Familiarity with DIIT network standards for hardware and network connectivity