2 Open Positions
Brooklyn, NY (Hybrid)
Looking for candidates minimum 12+ Years
Will have added advantage Active CCNP certification (Security/Route/Switch)
- Manage and operate City’s SD-WAN network
- Implement protocols such as: EIGRP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP SSH, TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, SIEM, TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches, OSPF, VPC, 802.1Q, ether-channel, STP, RSTP, VTP, QoS, ACLs, VxLAN, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTP and other common protocols.
- Implement security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti Spam, virus scanning, RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, FIREWALL, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES.
- Day to day tasks will include Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Network Security, Intrusion Detection, Anti-Virus, change management, trouble resolution management.
- Tasks may include network management, monitoring and troubleshooting tools (sniffer, syslog, NetFlow, TCPDUMP, Wireshark).
- Day to Day configuration, management, and operations of Fortinet firewalls, F5 and AVI load balancers, SD-WAN architectures, and WAN automation technologies.
- Successful candidate will use Cisco Command line interface.
- Successful Candidate will use Windows, OSX, Linux
- Successful candidate will support network engineering team and ensure efficient network operations.
- Successful candidate will be assisting OTI in its mission. In certain instances, consultant may be asked to assist OTI in troubleshooting beyond the normal work hours.
- Successful consultants expected to document networks, network systems, MOPs and other documents that can be used as operational materials.
- Successful candidate will conduct network and security assessments to troubleshoot and optimize network performance and design. Support and lead efforts of the design, testing, evaluation and implementation of new architectures and technologies.
- At least 12 years of experience in an IT network engineering or architect role
- Must demonstrate strong understanding of Fortinet Firewalls Architecture with hands on experience.
- Must have strong experience with Complex Routing & Switching Environments
- Must possess strong experience with Virtualization Technologies
- Ability to work independently is critical.
- Experience in implementing network patches.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Position is client facing. Strong Customer Support and interpersonal skills are required.