New York, NY
Title: Senior Application Administrator
Direct Client: Confidential
Position: Contract- Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY (Onsite)
•Must have hands on experience with Windows client/server in a large corporate environment. •Must have scripting experience, Dot Net, PowerShell, VB Script.
•Must be able to write SQL queries, SSIS packages and SSRS
•Diagnose and resolve AMI application related performance issues, and present findings, resolutions, conclusions, and other relevant detail to IT senior management.
•Ensure the integrity and availability of the AMI related infrastructure, and develop strategies to minimize system downtime. Support Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
•Perform system configuration, testing and system performance reviews.
•Work with application vendor resources to identify forthcoming application patches and hotfixes. •Experience with Architecture planning, Documentation, and User administration.
•Work with customer/user groups to identify bug and enhancement requests to be delivered to vendor(s).
•Work with other IT resources from groups such as application vendors, application support.
This position requires an Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years working in a related role. Also requires experience leading technology project teams and performing project management functions. Expertise in application administration and application architecture is preferred. The following are also required skills:
• Thorough knowledge and experience with the configuration, implementation, and management of monitoring and performance management application technologies.
• Strong troubleshooting capability, including ‘hands-on’ experience and coordination of issue resolution (including assigning appropriate resources based on skillset, ability, etc.).
• Ability to conduct and/or support environment related discussions and offer guidance, feedback and evaluation support for various technical options that may be presented.
• Considerable knowledge of IT development and support procedures, methods, and practices.
• Considerable knowledge of IT software development life cycles and implementation models.
• Considerable knowledge of IT infrastructure requirements gathering techniques.
• Considerable knowledge of IT Program Management techniques, such as work breakdown structures, scheduling, estimating, resource balancing and common Project Management tools
. • Ability to recognize, analyze and provide solutions to difficult information technology problems.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Thorough knowledge and experience with a broad range of information technologies including multi-tiered client-server computing environments, web technologies, networking technologies, operating systems, virtualization technologies, applications programming interfaces (and other integration techniques), relational database systems and software development, migration and batch scheduling tools.