New York, NY
Estimated Best in Market
Posted on: 09/14/2022
- Title: Risk Software Developer
- Location: New York, NY, Hybrid 4 days office,1-day WFH
- Length: 8th Month
- Client – NYSE
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains a focus on solving the business problem using applied technologies
- Key contributor for implementing change to technology systems for large risk management and pricing projects
- Hands on involvement with QA test plan reviews and UAT
- Designs and develops programs and systems. Proactively identifies potential application problem areas and suggests solutions. Requires minimal supervision in the execution of these responsibilities
- Evaluates software for performance (latency, throughput, SQL, heap utilization, scalability) and makes/recommends changes where appropriate
- Plans and executes unit tests to ensure the developed code is free of functional defects
- Collaborates with business analysts and QA analysts in the design and execution of business functional system and performance tests
- Collaborates with systems operations in developing applicable scheduling and/or execution parameters
- Provides critical production support, resolves production problems.
- Leads solution design and code reviews
- Executes assigned project tasks according to the project plan and scheduled completion dates
- Encourages, trains, and directs less experienced personnel.
- Pursues continuing professional development by acquiring technical, application and industry knowledge
- Reports activities to management through daily stand-up meetings, formal updates, project team meeting and other reports as needed.
- Adheres to corporate and department standards, policies, and procedures.
- Research's and recommends technology solutions
- Develops knowledge and/or experience in the following areas
- Business functionality
- High level programming languages
- Operations, Technical Support and Production Control operating environment
- Department standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Works with system operations personnel, database administration and systems software in the implementation of applications. Identifies root causes and develops solutions for program failures
- Additional Attributes:
- Works in an environment of evolving technology
- Must maintain general and specific knowledge regarding functional activities of system technology
- Communicates with business stakeholders, senior management, and external vendors
- Works on projects with changing priorities and potentially stressful situations
- Five to seven years of experience with server and client-side C# preferably in a front office trading environment.
- At a minimum a bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university with a major in computer science, finance or mathematics; or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep experience with Object Oriented Design & Programming.
- Expert level skills in C#.
- Knowledge of common design patterns used in financial applications.
- Building multithreaded GUI’s, WinForms
- Unit/Integration testing experience.
- Experience with DevExpress.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to write use cases and other application development documentation
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from technical staff both internal and external to the company
- Strong Oracle experience
- Experience with Windows Communication Foundation and service-oriented architectures.
- Windows Communication Foundation
- .Net Framework
- Visual Studio 2015
- Source Code Management