New York NY
Title: Geographical Information System (GIS) Developer/Support
Duration: 12 months
Location: New York, NY (This is an ONSITE position.)
Work hours: 40 hours/week
Tier: Tier 2 (5-10 years)
- Demonstrates a broad understanding of the applications and technical architectures related to their area(s).
- Serves as a technical expert on existing applications supporting the business area, along with other inter-related / adjacent systems and applications.
- Demonstrates an understanding of application development methods, the Project Execution Process, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specification, design, development/configuration, and testing of business applications systems.
- Has a strong working understanding of installed systems, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve many problems on the existing system(s) supported and is aware of integration points with other systems and how that interacts with their work.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all relevant application development processes including the Project Execution Process, serving as a resource to others.
- Understands architectural issues, and factors them into decisions and recommendations.
- Minimum 5-10 years hands-on experience developing and supporting GIS applications with thorough understanding of ESRI geospatial tools and technologies.
- Minimum 5+ years of well-rounded business application support & development experience
- Understanding of working with integrations between GIS, Infor-EAM (Enterprise Asset Management), and other tools;
- Knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of GIS;
- Experience building user friendly mapping applications;
- Experience in deployment of the maps and applications to in-house servers and in the cloud;
- Good handle on troubleshooting GIS related server and FME within VM environments;
- Ability to modify/adapt systems, software configurations, and programs to meet business requirements.
- Understanding of complex relational database organization, design, and functionality
- Experience in desktop / mobile computer support and troubleshooting software related problems.