New York NY
Title: Data Architect
Duration: 12 + months
Job Type: Contract (W2/C2C – Any Visa)
Active Secret Clearance.
• 10+ years of relevant experience OR 8+ years with a relevant master’s degree.
• Ability to coordinate between business and IT groups, understand mission and data requirements, design data models, and develop data warehouse and data lake solutions accordingly for “big data”.
• Deep understanding of data warehouse, data lake, and database concepts.
• Ability to address system latency, data / disaster recovery, and file transfer.
• Ability to assess new data sources (structured and unstructured) for potential integration.
• Proficiency using SQL for data querying and extract – transform – load (ETL) functions, with understanding of data engineering concepts.
• Familiarity with cloud / serverless computing, such as Athena / Lambda.
• Ability to uphold strong data management and data governance.
• Ability to develop data dictionaries and other supporting documentation.
• Strong communication/presentation skills and ability to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences.
• Strong consulting skills: identifying and addressing client needs, building relationships, driving initiatives forward.
• B.S./B.A. in a relevant quantitative and computational field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Science, Data Science, etc.).
M.S./M.A. in a relevant quantitative and computational field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Science, Data Science, etc.).
• Experience working with data scientists and analysts.
• Familiarity with Agile methodology.
• Experience supporting business development including RFP/RFQ/RFI responses and white papers.
• Experience/knowledge of the National Security sector.