Title: Linux Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Location: Brooklyn, NY (This is an ONSITE position)
Work hours: 35 hours/week
- Engineering and administration of Veritas products including Cluster Server, Volume Manager, File System / other clustering & replication technologies.
- Execute Unix performance related utilities.
- Provision and manage automation tools for system deployment and maintenance of templates
- Administration of ESXi environments, including advanced diagnostics and performance Management.
- Engineering and administration of SUN/UNIX/ Linux based systems.
- Subject matter expert for mission critical Public Safety applications and deployments on SUN/UNIX/Linux based systems.
- Engineering and administration of SAN storage infrastructure in relations to SUN/UNIX/ Linux based systems.
- Administration of SUN/UNIX/ Linux based systems on physical and virtual servers as well as software.
- Administration of servers (experience with Red Hat Linux, Solaris & AIX).
- Work as part of a team administering: Oracle Database Sun Management Center, MySQL, db2 and oracle database
- Experience Percona XtraDB Cluster, Sendmail, Solaris Security, Jumpstart, & LDAP; TIVOLI, BLADELOGIC, NETIQ, VMWARE, DNS, NFS, Solaris Zones, RedHat Satellite Server, etc.
- Perform OS upgrades and patch installations.
- Perform scripting (bash/ksh, PERL, Python).
- Provision bare metal installs, configure, operate, and maintain systems
- RHEL, Virtualization, Automation
- LDAP, DNS, Lifecycle Management, Visio