Estimated Best In Industry
Posted on: 02/05/2024
- Performs all aspects of work on rail cars being processed through the Yonkers Facility and Commissioning Sites. This includes all electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, repairs, modifications and any other duties requested by their supervisor.
- The position entails working on rail cars in the final assembly process at the Yonkers facility or at a remote site. The technician will use standard hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, etc.) along with his or her ability to perform basic troubleshooting utilizing multi-meters and PC based test equipment.
- The technician will read piping diagrams, mechanical drawings, technical manuals and electrical schematics as required to accomplish the job assignment.
- The technician will perform test procedures on some the following systems: HVAC, Brakes, Propulsion, Communications systems, Toilet systems, Trainline systems, Sign systems, Automatic train control systems, general functional tests, Hi- Potential tests, Wining Continuity Tests, Pneumatic Leakage Tests, Dynamic Tests, Burn-in tests, etc.
- The test technician will fill out all test documentation, reports and any other documentation required for the particular job assigned.
- Previous work experience in the electrical or mechanical testing field.
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical school or associates in the engineering field preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English. Ability to read and understand electrical schematics. Ability to read and understand blue-prints and mechanical drawings.
- Proficiency with all basic hand tools.
- Ability to use a multi-meter. Must be proficient with the English measurement system and be able to learn the Metric measurement system within a specified amount of time.
- Capable of working under pressure with specific deadlines. Able to work flexible hours, any shift. Ability to climb stairs and ladders, and able to lift, push, or pull a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Comfortable working in a rail yard environment. Willing to travel on business trips or field assignments. Familiar with MS office applications.