Estimated Best In Industry
Posted on: 02/05/2024
- Install, configure, customize, create, implement, and support Oracle databases in Non-RAC and RAC environments, and software and related tools/products for the database systems at OTI.
- Implement Grid Infrastructure release 19c on a OS Unix/Linux platform support databases;
- Implement Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) cluster Filesystem and maintain it; Add new disks to an ASM disk group. Patching grid infrastructure and Oracle rdbms.
- Setup Oracle database security environment. Carry out DB Performance Tuning, and RMAN backups.
- Working with Oracle, implement best of class solutions.
- Utilize Linux Administration skills as needed; develop UNIX shell scripts; Automation using ansible; work with the Database team and teams of Unix engineers and administrators to design, build, upgrade and support the necessary Oracle infrastructure to meet the needs of OTI and OTI hosted supported agencies.
- Work hands on more extensive projects such as migration, implementing of new features, architectures and validation and assisting OTI. Configure Golden gate replication; both integrated and microservices based configuration. Configure Oracle RAC and ASM technologies on Redhat Linux. Configure Oracle Data Guard with Active and Standby database modes. Assist developers and end users in implementing best practices and addressing performance issues in implementation.
- Ensure all databases are backed up and meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Lead team efforts in adopting in modernized architecture such as hybrid cloud and database ready for hybrid cloud. Perform RCA; manage different database encryption technologies; and implement DR by design and validate.
- Perform special projects, and initiatives as assigned by OTI.
- Experience with latest Oracle versions and their features but not limited to Multi-tenant Architecture, Oracle Partitioning, Real Application Testing (RAT), Oracle Database Vault.
- 12 years of hands on experience in database engineering.
- Ability to work independently. Experience in implementing/managing Oracle Databases in a RAC environment with at least 2 years of production support.
- Experience in Implementing Grid Infrastructure release 19 or higher on a Redhat Linux environment.
- Experience implementing ASM cluster Filesystem with knowledge of how to maintain it for successful operational delivery. Knowledge of Best Practices for adding a new disk to an ASM disk group. Experience patching grid infrastructure software.
- Familiarity with Oracle database resource manager. Familiar with Ansible/automation/scripting. Familiarity with huge pages on Linux.
- Experience supporting a high-availability production database. Experience in configuring/supporting Oracle Active Data Guard required. Experience in database architecture and design; Oracle Advanced Security Option; and Golden. Gate for Oracle Replication
- Knowledge of working on cloud environments preferable AWS & AZURE.
- Participate in application/DB outage incidents during trouble shooting and provides solution and RCA
- Experience with Oracle Advanced Security Option is highly desirable.