Queens, NY Onsite
The Level 2 Programmer will serve as a Database Developer within QDA’s Information
• Technology Bureau (ITB), and will help design, implement, optimize, and support relation database management systems to support in-house created and off-the-shelf commercial applications to aid in tracking and processing cases.
• The Database Developer will be part of QDA’s Application Development Department of ITB that includes a staff of 12 and serves an office of over 850 staff.
The Database Developer’s responsibilities will include:
• Design redundant, highly available database clusters for several in-house and off-the-shelf enterprise applications
• Implement and maintain zero loss database mirroring across multiple nodes in multiple clusters.
• Develop stored procedures that conform to specific outputs and performance requirements to support.
• Create and maintain SQL agent jobs that provide customer reporting and data maintenance.
• Carry out monitoring, tuning, and database performance analysis.
• Design and implement SQL queries, triggers, and new reports to support business needs.
• Utilize ad-hoc techniques to perform on-the-fly analysis of data.
• Design, implement and maintain ETL processes, procedures, and policies in support of business analytics and reporting.
• Work with data analysts on refining ETL business rules.
• Contribute to organizational and program goals, objectives, and development.
• Perform index tuning and optimization tasks using SolarWinds DPA
• Develop and maintain entity relationship diagrams of data stores.
• Integrate with our current production object-oriented, Iris, databases.
• Design disaster recovery plan, schedule and implement the plan on a regular basis.
• Create and document various data views for use in data visualization tools, such as Power BI
• Maintain object relationship consistency across all related data stores, enforcing foreign key constraints on dependent tables.
• Implement role-based security access, leveraging SSO and MFA where required.
Experience in database administration planning, design, configuration, installation, troubleshooting, integration, performance monitoring, maintenance, enhancement, and security management including:
• Index Tuning
• E-R Diagramming
• Data Normalization
• Backup and Restore
• Database Mirroring
• Cache/Iris DB
• SQL Server (HA / Always On)
• Comfortable with shell scripting and UNIX shell scripting.
• Comfortable with debugging and frameworks.
• Experience with ETL, SQL, SQL Server, PL/SQL, and MYSQL.
• Must have excellent communication skills and experience in handling confidential information.