Albany, NY Hybrid
· The qualified candidate will analyze, design/functional specifications, code (COBOL), test and implement VSAM to DB2 transformations which adhere to IT standards and policies. Duties will include:
· Migrating source code to appropriate repositories Participation in requirement gathering and design discussions Verbal communication with senior IT SMEs to elicit requirements
· Responsibility for coding software requirements from design specifications.
· Working in a team environment, as well as independently. Complying with data standards and policies.
· Learning new technologies and methodologies that demonstrate value.
· Assisting with Quality Assurance testing.
- 72 months working on Business Application Requirement Projects which involve tasks related to design/coding/testing/implementing software requirements
- 60 months of business analysis and software design experience including preparing functional specifications, documenting workflow processes in modeling tools such as Visio
- 60 months testing experience including developing test cases, creating comprehensive test plans, executing test plans, validating testing at both the data and system level
- 72 months of experience with COBOL/CICS/z/OS/DB2/JCL/VSAM/Spufi/IBM utilities
- 48 months of experience with Intertest
- 48 months of experience with Endevor