NOTE: IT’S A SME SAM EXPERT ROLE.
ServiceNow Software Asset Management (SAM) subject matter expert experienced in the Software asset lifecycle (request to disposal). The successful candidate’s primary purpose will be to translate day to day tasks being performed by our SAM team on current existing tools into ServiceNow SAM Pro module.
- Must have SAM Pro Platform experience and skills within the following areas:
- Hands on end-to-end management of software within ServiceNow SAM Pro
- Key data tables within SAM Pro (e.g. table names for Software Entitlements, Software Discovery Model, Software Installations)
- Configuring Entitlement Upgrade & Downgrade rights, Conditions, Discovery Models, Discovery Maps, Software Model normalization
- Created, designed and applied Transform Maps
- Utilize SAM Pro tools to generate accurate reports and analysis on software inventory, usage, and compliance.
- Provide training and guidance to internal stakeholders on SAM Pro best practices and ensure knowledge transfer within the team.
- Must have knowledge of ServiceNow’s Content Management Service in relation to SAM Pro.
- Knowledgeable about tier 1 software licensing (Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, etc.) and the ServiceNow publisher packs
- Must have experience with migrating data from other Software Asset Management (SAM) tools into ServiceNow SAM Pro.
- Hands on experience with Software Asset workspace
- Experience with reviewing ServiceNow logs and remediating SAM Pro errors a plus