The Software Developer will work with City software developers to build and test software related to MyCity.
Work will be done in agile sprints, with work being assigned from a prioritized backlog.
All developers will conduct code reviews, and have their code reviewed.
All code should be tested where appropriate, as agreed with the city engineering leads.
- Write software, assigned from a prioritized backlog, in line with MyCity development practices and styles.
- Write unit tests and conduct functional testing as agreed with the City Engineering leads.
- Attend and participate in architecture, approach, and other technical conversations as appropriate and requested by City Engineering leads.
- Attend all mandatory agile ceremonies, such as standup, pointing, retro, show & tell, etc.
- Participate as part of a user-centered agile product delivery team
- Minimum of 4 years of experience writing software in the technologies listed below, specific to the solicited role (other technologies listed for context)
- Experience working with Git based workflows, and specifically Github
- Experience working in story-based workflows, Azure DevOps, JIRA, Trello, or other story or kanban style workflow
- Back end:
- Spring Boot
- Front end:
- React JS (version 16 and later, including features such as React Hooks)
- Familiarity with using Design Systems
- Cloud hosting environment
- based version control in GitHub
- Github Pipelines
- Azure DevOps build environment
- Experience writing unit tests and conducting functional testing of your code, and others’
- Experience building micro service-based products
- Experience writing developer focused API documentation
- Experience building and/or architecting large complex systems
- Experience building integrations with legacy government systems
- Experience working with the US Web Design System
- Experience working with internationalization approaches and implementation
- Experience working with WCAG AA/508 accessibility standards
- Full stack developer experience