The Systems Architect will be responsible for leading the tasks providing a fully integrated, scalable, and secure systems architecture for the NG9-1-1 system across the New York City Public Safety Enterprise.
- Develop and define standards and governance models that drive class 1,2,3 and Call Handling designs by vendors chosen by the City of New York.
- Ensure the appropriate technology architectures across the project classes align with business needs, requirements, and agency processes.
- Review and approve business, functional, non-functional, and administrative requirements.
- Review and approve all vendor designs in each class ensuring compliance with standards and governance models established by the City of New York.
- Lead all architecture meetings communicating with agencies, vendors and DoITT personnel.
- Ensure all vendor designs conform to and or comply with NENA 3.0 Standards or better across all classes.
- Collaborate with DoITT team members creating innovative, quality solutions to meet NYPD and FDNY NG911 operational needs.
- Review and approve all DoITT and vendor documentation for finalization and acceptance.
- Provide input to and review all work products in accordance with the NG9-1-1 master schedule and approve any changes to work products and schedule.
- Min 12 yrs. experience in a particular technical and/or business application, product, platform, methodology or skill set.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience as a lead architect in either a technical domain and/or business application or system platform.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Enterprise Architecture.
- Experience in methods and best practices in enterprise-wide systems development.
- A Subject Matter Expert in Enterprise Integration and design of Mission Critical 911 systems is a plus.
- Excellent communication and clear business writing skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of public safety environments and/or experience working with NYC government is a plus.
- Organization, creativity, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of typical system development lifecycles and methods.
· Data center management, space, power, cooling, physical, logistical layout of equipment
· All forms of data center cabling, rack, cabling, NDF’s, IDF’s, media converters, switches, transceivers
· Telecom infrastructure, including optical network connectivity, TELCO specific integration into data center infrastructure
Data center management, space, power, cooling, physical, logistical layout of equipment
All forms of data center cabling, rack, cabling, NDF’s, IDF’s, media converters, switches, transceivers
Telecom infrastructure, including optical network connectivity, TELCO specific integration into data center infrastructure