Posted on: 07/18/22
- Expert knowledge of NSX Network Detection and Response technology.
- Hands-on experience with VMWare SSO, vRealize Operations, Site Recovery Manager, VMWare Update Manager, VCenter HA, and VMWare HA.
- Proficiency in VMware vRealize Network Insight knows a vRNI.
- Review how vRNI to be used to define applications and traffic to leverage network and server segmentation.
- Review and analyze vRNI Dataflow information for the application cluster through the network to achieve NSX Micro-segmentation.
- Help to review visualization and analysis capabilities of physical and virtual networks provided by VMware vRNI to optimize the network performance and to achieve optimum service deployment effect.
- Leverage vRNI to be used to define applications and traffic for segmentation.
- Work with Application architecture team, Network VMware Operations and Security team to identify/Tag application servers to improve vRNI data.
- Ensure NSX micro-segmentation provides appropriate level of server security.
- Assist to validate and define Global Rules in addition to Application Segmentation for Core services (NTP, DNS, AD, Backups, AV, Monitoring, etc.).
- Work with Business Continuity to leverage VMWare environment as related to Disaster Recovery Plan.
Additional Skills and Information:
- VMware, Server virtualization, NSX Network Detection and Response technology.
- 4-6 years’ experience with VMware.
- The consultant will need a sufficient level of experience in VMware, NSX, and vRNI allowing them to do the necessary tasks of developing network segmentation to come up with a mechanism to implement white-listing to reduce attack surface. They will create intelligent policy discovery to help in automation.