Posted on: 07/11/22
Day-to-day tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Business Analyst and Software Architect to review requirements, functional specifications, and ensure adherence to technical standards and constraints.
- Work with the Software Architect to develop work estimates for development efforts.
- Design and implement an application framework for a new web application using .NET Core technology.
- Design and develop an application database based on strict adherence to requirements.
- Participate in UI design and prototypes.
- Develop all application and database components based on functional specifications.
- Adhere to defined development standards and industry best practices.
- Perform unit testing of all developed code.
- Develop technical documentation.
- Assist with the creation of test plans and identification of impacts.
- Collaborate with QA Tester(s) to investigate and resolve issues found during testing, and document what was required to fix the defect.
- Assist with the resolution of technical/development issues across all environments.
- Participate in the development of the implementation and transition plans.
- Document, communicate and validate technical requirements throughout the system development lifecycle.
- Participate in project team meetings and work closely with the Software Architect and NYS ITS managers to monitor and identify technical risks and issues.
- 84 months of experience developing web-based software applications using C#.Net, HTML5, and CSS.
- 84 months of experience developing software applications using MVC or similar architectural patterns.
- 60 months of experience designing and creating relational databases in Oracle or MS SQL Server to meet business needs.
- 60 months of experience developing stored procedures, functions, triggers in Oracle PL/SQL or MS SQL Server TSQL.
- 24 months of experience in a technical role on software development projects using .NET Core (C#).
- 12 months of experience using third party web UI toolkits, such as Kendo UI.
- 12 months of experience using industry standard defect management tools, such as Micro Focus ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) for defect management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related field, from an accredited institution.