The selected candidate will serve as a programmer/developer for iOS Mobile Computing team for PennDOT building custom software solutions for iOS-based mobile devices. All projects follow the Agile Ceremonies methodology, and the selected candidate should be comfortable with daily standups, sprint grooming and planning activities. Projects involve working with the native iOS mobile development tools, relational databases, and web service-oriented client/server architecture. The selected candidate is expected to understand business and technical requirements, implement solutions based on requirements, and respond quickly to the changes in requirements as part of an iterative process. The selected candidate should be quick at learning newer versions of the SDKs, as they are made available by Apple.
The ideal candidate would have expert level knowledge of using iOS frameworks related to UI, Core Data, web services, security/keychain, camera integration, asynchronous/background processing, multitasking, etc. The ideal candidate would also be experienced in implementing common design patterns (like MVC, MVVM, delegation, target-action) and Cocoa layers related to Touch, Media, OS and Services, principles of memory management, notifications, blocks, categories, etc. The ideal candidate would have experience and knowledge of multiple languages including Swift, HTML5, JSON, and XML. The ideal candidate would have a working knowledge of utilizing Swift Package Manager, automations pipelines to support CI-CD, and web services.
- Serve as a developer of native iOS applications using iOS SDKs and mobile development tools.
- Develop, test, and deploy mobile applications in a timely manner.
- Participate in the full SDLC process of iOS application solutions using CI-CD processes including Azure DevOps and Jenkins.
- Participate in design and coding of database objects in relational databases such as IBM DB2, Oracle and SQL Server, including queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, etc.
- Participate in design and coding of application-embedded, scheduled and ad-hoc reporting solutions.
- Meet with end users and technical staff of all types to gather business and system requirements.
- Provide technical assistance and assist with mentoring of PennDOT staff assigned to the project.
Work independently and as a part of a team