Posted on: 28/02/2022
- Work within the Capital Projects Unit to deliver Technology Project Management for technology related initiatives within MTA Capital Projects such as East Side Access and Second Avenue Subway that include:
- Working knowledge of data center environments in one or more of the core operating technologies: server, storage, network, database mgmt, system mgmt, DR/BCP best practices) – strong “end to end” understanding of data center operations.
- Experience and understanding of Networks (WAN, LAN, Wireless, etc.), IPT, Mobility and other technical shared service areas.
- Experience and understanding of Active Directory, Exchange email, DNS, etc.
- Previous experience with large scale deployment and migration of technology services across a large Enterprise.
- Perform analysis of business processes, business and system requirements and system design for the development and configuration of software applications that support MTA business requirements.
- Held accountable and responsible delivering systems development solutions from project initiation to project closure.
- Manage a matrixed project team consisting of Business Analyst, Programmers and/or technical staff for the project duration.
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate meetings to review project status with core project team members, key stakeholders and corporate leadership team members.
- Prepare project status reports and other presentation materials for upper management (CIO, VP, President, etc.). Effectively communicate project status and expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and track progress against detailed project plans including schedules, technical and business requirements, cost estimates, resources plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans, issues resolution and capacity planning. Act proactively to maintain progress and minimize risk. Maintain effective project controls.
- Operate as a critical liaison between various disciplines within the MTA IT Department and external entities including technology consultants, technology equipment vendors and space planning architects.
- Create and execute project charter, work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Maintain open and timely communication with supervisors, managers and working groups involved in the projects.
- Prepare and submit cost estimates and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Manage project financials tracking budget to actuals
- Adhere to a Standard Project Development Life Cycle approach
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business requirements in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Create detailed project work breakdown structure (WBS) that organizes and defines project work scope, identifies project tasks, dependencies, resource requirements, costs, critical path activity, risks and risk mitigation strategies.
- Manage and maintain Project Plans to track all tasks and deliverables and publish status reports, executive briefings, meeting minutes and other collaboration tools to effectively communicate project activity.
- Work with Core project team to assist in the development of test plans for new applications and oversee unit testing and system testing to ensure the delivery of functional, low-error systems and solve critical business problems.
- Develop and support critical project documentation throughout the project life cycle, from Initiation and Requirements stages through Design, Development, Test, Implementation and Closeout. This includes but is not limited to As-Is and To-Be process flows, Requirements Documentation, Test Plans, Implementation Plan, User Manuals, Training Materials, Transition Documentation, etc.
- Support system integration testing, UAT, and implementation cutover testing.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately per PMO guidelines.
- Adhere and comply with MTA IT PMO framework and enforces quality control and project standards.
- Proactively manage potential and risks and define contingency and mitigation strategies